- A former world-class equestrian champion disabled by a stroke,
- A veteran of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- A teenage boy on the autism spectrum, along with his younger brother.
Sunday, 10 August 2014
This is the remarkable story of 3 separate individuals who have been touched by the power of Equine Therapy.
Mates4Mates has been working closely with the Stockman's Hall of Fame and Equine Encounters Australia to deliver a holistic, sustainable and unique Equine Program that challenges participants to break down their physical and psychological barriers through connecting with horses.
Mates4Mates are accepting Expressions of Interest for its Equine Program. To nominate, simply fill out the form on the website and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This two part program offers participants:
1. A straightforward horsemanship experience where they learn horsemanship skills to a level that is appropriate to the individual or group need.
2. Equine Assisted Learning - using the Equine Psychotherapy Australia Model to support personnel with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) at first level intervention to support their return home and dealing with day to day aspects of their home life, work life and relationships.